Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Guys vs Girls: Box Score

This last weekend (a couple nights before the big events), my wife and I had the privilege of having dinner with Terri and Dave. I'm on staff with Terri and she keeps me in line most of the time - they are both great people and a blast to hang out with.

Since they are mutual friends with Todd and Paula (our usual card-playing couple), we were able to rack up a couple more wins. The game of course was Euchre.

Guys - 9
Girls - 5

Nine to five... isn't that an old song? I do also want to share that during the first game, the girls were up 6 hands to 1 and they started getting a little full of themselves (as most players do early in the game). My wife is a bit competitive. Enter Terri... she too is a bit competitive. It was somewhere around this time that my wife was taunting us and stated, "we're going to wipe your noses." I've never laughed so hard in my life!

The phrase now lives on. Thanks Kristen ;)

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know. My favorite phrase of your wife's is still

"Prunes are the enemy of mankind"

Whatever that means.

Kristen, Queen of Strange Phrase

Terri Casey said...

Alright Alright, we needed to let you win one to get your confidence up and now you are going to "wipe our noses in it" huh? The rematch is booked and we are ready to play for real! Seriously though, we had a great night and truly appreciate your hospitality!

Terri