Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Senator Barack Obama Elected President

I watched the results stream in tonight between the internet and the television. I watched as Obama gained the popular and electoral votes needed to claim the white house.

I also listened to McCain's concession speech... some powerful words were spoken. I think he acknowledged his feelings, quelled booing and shouts of disapproval of Obama, and spoke of unity and support for the president elect.

You may agree or disagree with Barack Obama, and I won't share my feelings either way. However, I am excited at the history that has been made tonight in this election. This country has come a long way, and we still have a long way to go, but this history making event has opened doors for conversation and empowerment.

I pray that Barack is able to uphold his promises and that this country is made better through his presidency.

2 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

I'm still not quite sure what percentage of his promises I am hoping Pres-elect Obama will keep. But I am definitely praying that God will guide him and that he will listen.

I thought McCain's speech was incredibly gracious.

fredroks said...

I for one cannot wait to have my taxes raised, our national security weakened, more regulatory infringement in the private sector, and a return of partial birth abortions---whoo hooo!