Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Vertigo @ The Orchard

If you weren't at The Orchard last weekend (8/13), you missed an awesome time! Last weekend I had the pleasure of leading worship with a great team of people at Orchard Valley Community Church in Aurora, IL. The team was prepared and filled up with the Spirit and the congregation was alive!

They were finishing up their series called Rockin' The Orchard. Scott Hodge and his team took a hit song from each decade (starting with the 50's) and taught a message based around that song. This last weekend it was the 00's and we performed the U2 hit Vertigo. It was a blast! My friend Chris Bell also spoke there this last weekend and did a fantastic job. It was like old times working together again!

I just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to Scott for the opportunity - man, God is doing some great things there and I look forward to hearing about how He continues to move at The Orchard. I also wanted to thank Ken, Doug, Matt, Dave, Katie and Brad for leading with me - you guys rock! I also can't forget Teri for helping put everything together on the admin end (thanks for your help Teri!) You all keep Rockin' at The Orchard. And for those of you who have never been, go check them out on Sunday... you won't be disappointed!

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike! It was great having you at The Orchard last weekend! Loved your passion & energy. It was contagious!

Thanks too for your encouraging words!

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd like to thank you for such a great quality forum!
Was thinking this is a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/luau-party-supplies.html]luau Party Supplies[/url].