Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fighting

It's been a beautiful day in the Chicagoland area - I love this time of year! It's cooling down and we get to have the windows open and enjoy the weather. My wife is not thrilled about the change in temps though.

So I'm sitting here in my upstairs room with the windows open, listening to my neighbors fight. They have been arguing for a while - cussing and screaming at each other. I guess I never grew up around that so it seems almost movie-esque to me. I'm praying for their kids. I don't know them very well, but the few times we've talked they seemed friendly.

The one thing that is totally jumping out to me is the yelling.... they're yelling at each other at the same time. Neither is listening to the other. Very sad.

I'm sure they didn't plan the whole neighborhood to hear them. Though their windows sound like they are closed, everyone else's are open. I'm praying for the two of them as well.

Now, please keep in mind that I am not one to eaves drop. This is nothing like that... I am on the verge of closing my window.

But have you ever thought about how your conversations sound to others?
Would others hear you screaming or yelling at your spouse? At your kids? At your pets?

Have things ever been so bad that you couldn't solve a problem through discussion rather than through screaming? Do things ever get solved that way?

I hate fighting.
Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, nothing ever gets solved that way, but things get desolved-marriages. When I started thinking about your father as being a very precious gift from God-it changed my whole attitude toward him. Thank you for saying that you did not grow up around that-praise God that you did not!

Anonymous said...

Oh I come from good screaming stock! Not fun. But influential. Just ask my kids about crazy mommy days! Which turn into apologetic mommy days. So, if you ever wonder why you can hear my kids comin' before you can see them...they come by it honestly. :)