Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Email Frustration

So the company we use at the church for email and web services was bought out by another company this last year and they decided it would be neat to migrate everyone over to new servers after the beginning of the year. Sounds great in theory but the migration has been very messy. We lost 6 email addresses and the old email system is still working (at least part of the time).

This means two things... if you sent me an email but didn't get a reply back, I probably didn't get it (as has been happening with a chunk of our staff). It's also a reminder that in this day and age of technology, some communication can't be left to email.

Anyway, I'm really excited to announce that the company that bought our old company and created this mess has now been bought by a third company. Now that we are migrating to a new system, I'm sure we will be going through this again in a few short months!

Yippeee!!!
Thanks for letting me vent :)

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This new fangled technology will be the death of us yet! Why back in my day, we picked up the phone and called each other. And we liked it!