Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Am Legend

My wife and I got an opportunity to go to the dollar theater here in town (which is actually $2 a ticket but still a great deal) this last week. I talked her into seeing the movie I Am Legend as neither of us had seen it yet.

I have to say it was probably one of the best movies I've seen in a while, especially at the theater. We love suspense movies that actually make you jump and that also have a storyline to them. This movie did not disappoint.

I didn't know much about the premise of the film going into it so I wasn't sure what to expect. This movie has some very creative elements to it. I'd even say it has some very biblical undertones to it without being an over the top 'Christian' type movie.

I don't want to say too much and ruin it for those of you who have not seen it. I will say the suspense level kept me on edge the whole time once it hit. I also feel like I need to own a German Shepherd and a Bob Marley CD.

If you have not seen this movie yet, I highly recommend it (especially if you can see it on the big screen).

Once you've seen it (or if you have already), what did you think about it?
Peace.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, 1 you do own a bob marley CD. i burned it for you, you just haven't listened to it yet!!! :(
2. i saw the movie- probably one of Will Smith's best. i was a bit disappointed by him denying God, but after talking to Scott, i understand that he was redeemed at the end. i can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to peeping this flick on DVD. I've had friends come at me from both ends of the spectrum. Hate I missed it in theaters...but it'll be in my Netflix queue upon release.

Anonymous said...

Going off what Reuben said. I saw it when it came out and I saw an incredible journey of hope...despair...to complete hope.

As i watched it, I saw a guy that had purpose and a plan. As his plans didn't work, he grew tired and angry and lost hope. He gave up on everything, including God. He then was reminded that even in the midst of all of it, his purpose was not to save himself, but to save others. He "listened:. God spoke and he did what he was supposed to do.

He found peace in what God told him to do and in turn was saved by giving his life.

I definitely think there was a Christian undertone :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, Mike. How is it possible that you do not have a Bob Marley CD????? You did go to NAU didn't you? To start I'd recommend his greatest hits. You'll be surprised at how many of the songs you know and love. Plus, I've never met a child who didn't love Bob Marley and- there are not very many adults who dislike his music either!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Adrian Soto said...

you should check out the alternate ending go rent it and check it out they say its "controversal" so in the end you are left with a ...hummm "ok which one justifys the movie" check it out