Monday, June 16, 2008

And so it begins...

...my vacation that is! I had an opportunity I could not pass up and am very thankful for the chance to take a little break. I love doing what I do, but everyone needs a little time away (I think there's a song in that).

This week is kind of bitter sweet. While I get a chance to refresh, my kids are also taking off for Arizona. I know they will have a great time, but Kristen and I will both miss them. Obviously we get time just the two of us which will be nice too. It's been 12 years since we've been at home just the two of us.

Yep, my daughter just turned 12 - can't believe it! I don't know where the time has gone. I've started to panic wondering if I've shared and taught her what she needs to know. She's oficially a tween. The "T" stage is next and I just don't feel old enough to be the father of a teen. She's a great kid.... er... um... I mean young adult.

Dang that sucks. Time just flies too fast.

I guess you just can't take anything for granted, including time. So, I'm off to enjoy my vacation though I anticipate blogging more than I have been.

Peace.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't blink-she'll be out the door!!

Anonymous said...

Not to detract from the sappy time flies, but the line where you think there's a song in there, yeah Chicago has it. Not the place, but the band.

Mike Jones said...

Hey anonymous (AKA my brother), yeah that line I was thinking of... you're right! Was just being a little sarcastic but thanks for following along. :)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't know who you are confusing me with. :) Hope you guys a great time together.

JonesGardenBlog said...

So, where are the scores from last night. According to your wife's own admition the girls got SPANKED in 2/3 hands of cards.

Come on! I want to see it in print!

Leeanne said...

Mike,
I thought you might like to know that I was a roadie today for our camp worship band. I mean, I really am all the time, but today, I got things all hooked up right. For real. And since we set up and tear down every day for a one-hour service, it was a big moment for me. I think you would have laughed to hear me use the words "direct box" and "XLR". I am still totally square, but I can pretend to be a hardcore rocker. ;)
Hope things are going well during your vacation.

Anonymous said...

Can we borrow Uncle Keith? My kids would just love to spend some "quiet" time with him. You can vouch for their um, conduct. Right?

Kathryn Egly said...

Hey! I just wanted to comment that you and Kristen have done a FANTASTIC job raising Faith!