Thursday, April 17, 2008

Feelin' Good

Several weeks back, my wife and I decided to start using the fitness center at the clubhouse in our neighborhood.

Why not? We pay for it and have only been living here for three years... might as well take advantage of the facility for more than the pool during the summer.

Half-way through our seventh week of working out and feeling pretty good. Not losing weight very fast but I'm more into it for the exercise. Kristen is doing great and I think we both motivate each other well.

We've had a week or two that was rough because of travel or illness but I feel like we've developed a pretty good routine.

Now everybody and their brother is going so we may end up having to change the time we go or start doing something else. Our entire neighborhood must be trying to get ready for swimsuit weather now that the sun is back out.

I'm almost at the 200 mark and am looking to get toned down to 185. I've been running on the treadmill and am up to a 12.25 minute mile for 45 minutes... quite an accomplishment for me!

We've started adding in some weight training and it's kicking my butt!

What do you do for exercise?
Peace.

2 comments:

kristen said...

Babe, I am so proud of you!!! You totally motivate me and I love working out with you!

K.

Anonymous said...

We are doing P90X (day 24 of 90). It's kicking our butts as well. But, we're doing it together, and seeing some results - not on the scale, but on the tape measurer.

It's tough, we've had to restart a couple of times, but we're getting there.

Are you following an eating plan with your workouts?