Friday, April 18, 2008

Retro: The new vehicle

We finally broke down and got a new car payment... I mean a new car :) We had a lot of help in trying to get a vehicle that would fit into our budget and for that we are very grateful.

We also had some really good friends who let us borrow a car when we needed it in the interim. And not just any car, but a Hummer H3... their best vehicle. It's very humbling to have friends like that who will not only help you but give you their best.

Thank you!

On a side note, the car is perfect for getting me to and from the office. It's also been cool to go out on dates with my wife in something other than the minivan. I also realize with this car how nice it is to have headlights and windshield wipers that work.

We got a Hyundai Accent GLS that feels like driving a suped-up go-cart with a CD player and air conditioning - I love it. Thanks to the help we got from friends, it looks like for now I can keep the motorcycle (I'm VERY thankful for that!)

One last thing on this... this car is the base model - other than the Cd player and A/C it has nothing else. My son gets in the car for the first time grabs the handle on the side and says, "what's this for?"

Man did I laugh! They are growing up in an age that they may not even know what window-roller-handle-things are.

Ahh the things we take for granted :)
Peace.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What IS that thing... a backup in case the window button doesn't work? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey-using that thing builds the muscles in your arms-no more flabby arms!! I have a hundyai-or how ever you spell it-but it is a good car. Mine has 93000 miles on it and it still runs good.

JonesGardenBlog said...

Oh, I'll never forget using the window roller thingy in your old Nova. Especially after you installed those new door speakers. Oh yah, you get going to fast and you would take skin off the first knuckle. Gotta love that.

Kathryn Egly said...

i'm still laughing...

Adrian Soto said...

congratz on the accent i previously owned 3 of the 2003,2004, and 2006 very affortable car and very great i handling. I love the new Redesign they did with the interior my 06 looked small now the 07-08 have a nice spaciouse look. Congratz on the new car!! Enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't stand car payments but it is nice to have something reliable eh? I used a cassette tape once in the car and got yelled at for not repeating a song fast enough. Digital kids! What're you gonna do?