Monday, September 04, 2006

I Like Pizza

It's pretty cool when you're kids start developing their gifts and talents. You always hope that they will follow in your footsteps and take interest in something that you enjoy as well. Both my oldest girls seem to be natural musicians and I couldn't be prouder (not because they are budding artists but because they are my daughters, of course :)

Faith has decided to continue in piano and is doing quite well. After a year of taking piano lessons, Kylee has started playing guitar. Both are taking lessons from some excellent teachers at the Fox River Academy of Music and Art. Since she just started, our family and everyone who will listen have been serenaded by Kylee's rendition of "I Like Pizza". It's a lovely three note tune that you just can't seem to hear enough of (thanks Ron!). If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend requesting this little diddy. I'm sure some day I'll actually miss it. Time just flies, doesn't it? For now, I'll enjoy "I Like Pizza" as only a proud father of a new guitarist can.

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
I started on OBOE at 9yrs.old. I guess I was the only one that could get it to squeak like a duck! (my poor parents)...but it started a passion in my life that nothing else can touch...when I'm feeling down, nothing feels better that playing one of my instruments or putting on a great CD. God's gift of music is a precious one, keep fostering it in your kids, it will last a lifetime, and thensome:)

Anonymous said...

Faith and Ky-keep on makin' music-it all comes from God!

Anonymous said...

chloe will be excited to hear this info. She is starting her first lesson here in TX today. She just loved the studio there and loved that song I can hear it playing in my head right now