Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Journey

I've decided to focus this blog for a while on my journey, to tell a little bit of my story while keeping perspective of where I am now. Really just for me to get out of my head a little... to put down on paper where I'm at during this leg of the trip.

This last Sunday, September 24th, I had the opportunity to lead worship one last time at the church I've been at for the last 23 months. As I look back on this seemingly short time, I am amazed at the things that God accomplished in me. I have also seen an incredible amount of growth in the team that has lead with me during this season. What a gifted and talented group of musicians and vocalists! I have been playing music in bands and groups since I was in highschool and to this date have not played with a team quite as talented as this one. Individually they each have incredible gifts but I think together we have transformed into something greater than we could have been on our own. To them, thank you for sharing your journey with me!

I'll give you a little more later about the process God has taken me through. This week, I'm tying up any loose ends and just making myself available as a resource to those who will stay behind. And though this weekend was kind of bitter-sweet, my family and I look forward to what God is going to do next, as each stage becomes more challenging, more focused, and more fulfilling.

Peace.

No comments: