Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter... Planning Already for 2008?

Every week at The Orchard, we get together as a staff and discuss wins from the weekend and try to discover areas that need attention or improvement. Easter was a huge win, especially having so many volunteers involved over the weekend. Lot's of things we learned for next year, but a lot of things that went very well too.

Thinking about next year and what we might consider doing differently, I found this great post about Easter and the dates for Easter on Tim Steven's blog. I never knew (but always wondered) why the dates fluctuated so much.

Looks like the 2008 has Easter being set for March 23rd... a bit earlier next year.

Here's what it looks like for the next several years:

2009 - April 12
2010 - April 4
2011 - April 24
2012 - April 8

Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it revolved around the Passover. I guess I haven't paid attention over the years as to how closely the two coincided. Who knew?

Ok in March next year? Just remember not to put away the snowsuits. We can use a snowblower to distribute the eggs! Or a bunny on skis! Yes that's it! Sorry, this is Chicago so next March it will be 80 with 75% humidity. And Kristen, that means it will feel like 95.

Zach said...

I think we all should get together and officially make Easter in July (on a set date) as to move it as far away from Christmas as possible. I think Jesus would appreciate a warmer celebration time. :)

kristen said...

I totally agree with Zach!! I suggested that we have our Easter Egg drop in June or July...But moving the whole holiday, now that is genius!!!

Anonymous said...

Easter Man was that GREAT!!!!! My first easter at the Orchard was in 2003.That year the eggs were hidden in the Sanctuary and the classrooms. WOW have we come a long way! I wondered after the egg drop How do we top that? I cant wait to see what next year brings. I agree we may need snow gear next year.