Friday, April 13, 2007

"Overwhelmed by the din..."

Wow! Just read Seth Godin's post in response to the Washington Post article about Joshua Bell...

An internationally acclaimed virtuoso violinist ignored in the D.C. metro station. He plays for the hundreds who pass by without most even noticing. Presentation and placement makes a huge difference.

What I think I like most is that Seth reminds that we get so caught up in our own lives and we get so bombarded with the advertising around us that we ignore the sweet sounds in life.

We forget to smell the roses.

What did you think of this? Do you agree with the conclusion?

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree completely. Sometimes I get home and realize that I didn't really take the time to notice anything but my own needs and I feel pretty ugly.

There are so many little things that are so sweet...

Simon Elliott said...

You may wish to see the details of a follow-up article and other comments about this article at www.cacophony.net.au

Look for the article 'Missing Beauty' posted April 8.

Tyler said...

Makes you wonder what else we've missed in our busy lives. This story really intrigues me.