Saturday, June 09, 2007

Church in McD's

A few weeks ago, I shared with my musicians that I had eaten at Taco Bell that afternoon before rehearsal. I wasn't in there for a very long time but of the 5 songs that played over the loudspeakers in the restaurant, 4 were songs we had used in our weekend services with in the last few months.

I thought that was awesome.

My wife mentioned to me this week that she had taken the kids out to lunch to McDonald's and a song came on the loudspeakers that was a 'secular' tune (you might remember how I feel about using that term from this earlier post). My kids remarked, "hey that's a church song!"

I find that very cool! My kids are growing up learning that God can use anything to bring people to himself. Even more that we can have church anywhere we go - we are the church.

Peace.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

wow, thats amazing..yea like i love it when i go out to eat w/ the fam. and a christian song comes on, it just makes the enviroment that much better!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! How great is it that the kids are actually paying attention! I have found, personally, that I hear the most "church" songs when I am at the Sam's club of all places.