Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm A Dad!!!

As of 12:04 am today, I became a father...
of a beautiful 11 year old! Hard to believe that my life was rocked 11 years ago today by my oldest child.

She doesn't look like a baby any more and she doesn't talk like a baby anymore. Yet it still seems like she was born just yesterday. The time has gotten away from me and I fear I've already missed opportunities to be the dad I always wanted to be to her.

Faith is a brilliant kid. Yeah I know she isn't a kid anymore; she's a tween (whatever that means). God has given her so many gifts and abilities and I am constantly amazed at how much she is growing. And as often as she and her mom already seem to disagree, they are both very similar creatures. She is more like her mom everyday, which in my book is not a bad thing at all.

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Faith! I am proud of you - not because of your accomplishments (though they are many already), not because you're beautiful (hey you come from good genes), but because you are my daughter. It is a privilege and an honor to get to share part of this life with you! Always remember how much you are loved, not just by your mom and I but by your Creator.

I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Faith! From a fellow Flag Day Baby! As your Dad said his world was Rocked. I still think about the first time I saw my children... it was instant and total unlimited undeniable LOVE! Have a Great Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! The love of a child. What a powerful love that is. Gabe will be 8 soon and I have had simillar feelings. It's like you blinked and time moved in fast forward.Faith and all of your other children are very blessed to have loving parents!

Anonymous said...

It was just yesterday that her pretty little face came into our world and there isn't a day that goes by that God is not thanked for Faith's precious life. I love you, pretty girl!!