Saturday, June 23, 2007

Freakiness

About two years ago, my wife and I along with my brother and sister-in-law went to Six Flags in Louisville, KY. My brother and I rode this ride called the Tower of Power. The ride lifts passengers 177 feet straight up, then drops them nearly the same distance at speeds reaching 54 m.p.h.

My brother sent me this article regarding an accident on the ride this week.

I am a roller coaster junkie! I love them! There is a thrill to it that you can't obtain anywhere else. It's fun and, yes there is risk associated with it.

I feel bad for the young girl and her family. This was just a freak accident.

Do you like coasters and amusement park rides? Will you keep riding them?
I have since I was a kid and will as long as my body can handle it. What about you?

Peace.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

No, I don't like roller coasters, and I plan to continue not riding them. Really for no particular reason, other than the fact that I am just a big chicken.

Anonymous said...

Oh that poor girl.

I LOVE roller coasters. One thing I do lament over having an odd number of children is that we will forever be uneven at the amusement park. Unless of course each kid brings a friend or we combine forces with another "odd" family.

Kathryn Egly said...

This is such a sad story!!

I love rollercoasters - but not the rides that just DROP you...hate those.