Thursday, June 07, 2007

Orchard Rewind 12

Well here it is - live and nearly unedited.

Setlist from Sunday and First Wednesday this week. I omitted the fact (for some reaason) that we played/sang "It's Not Over" by Daughtry as our walk in this week. I also neglected to mention that I botched the third verse on How Great Thou Art... I ask everyone to sing with me and I start singing the wrong verse, so I say, "let's try that again". Brilliant. They really sang out on that song though.

Great week. In fact, so great you should count how many times I say the word great in this episode.

We have a new stage design for our new series we started called Sacred Roots and I filmed this on my Mac in our auditorium. Notice that my backdrop makes me look like I have horns at various times through this episode as well. It's great! Like doggone Tony the Tiger.

Anyway, if you can't laugh at yourself you'll go crazy.
Peace.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh stop, that was a good rewind! You didn't overuse "great" and I didn't even notice any horns. Just move on.

Anonymous said...

My computer at work won't let me see the video, so I'll have to wait until I get home to give you honest feedback.

However.......

If you beat yourself up anymore, you're going to start sounding like that lame keyboard/bass player that plays at your church. All he does is complain about his own mistakes, and how bad he plays each week.

It's almost like he's fishing for compliments.

It's got to really suck to serve with someone like that.

Mike Jones said...

Knock it off Doug :)

Actually not beating myself up... just trying to address possible comments ahead of time :)

kristen said...

I thought it was "great"!!!

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm home. Not too many greats at all.

Love the idea of the Rewind being a coaching tool!!

Anonymous said...

only downside to working in wahabu... i miss worship. :(
but that's ok cuz first wednesday was definitely awesome. completely made up for missing worship. :)D
[my smiley has a crowder!!!]

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyy!! I love Rewind-can't get enough of it-could you make it 10 minutes instead of 4?

Anonymous said...

I have only been to the The Orchard a couple of times, but I really enjoy the worship set and you and your team do an incredible job. Also, I am glad to see you are willing to reach back and grab the old stuff; much of the music is still so relevant today.

Keep up the incredible job.