Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mac Addicts: Command+Y

I have learned to LOVE the Command+Y feature in the new Mac OS (Leopard).

This simple shortcut allows you to view any document without opening it's associated application. I mean, you get to see a complete view of the entire document!

This has been a huge time saving feature for me! Instead of leaving apps open or loading several or waiting for one to load (which is still remarkably faster on the Mac, even the office products), I can view entire documents using Command+Y. I look through documents of notes, team schedules, production schedules, etc without ever opening them in their apps. Allows me to move a lot faster.

What keystrokes or shortcuts have you found useful on the Mac?
Try the Command+Y function in any of your finder views.
Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tip..I was pressing the quick look button. I love the shortcuts. Some favorites are Command-Q (Quit an application). This works well with Command-Tab to tab to an app and quit it. You can close multiple apps quickly this way. Two others are Shift-Command-H (open your home folder) and Shift-Command-A (open your applications folder). However, the spotlight update in leopard is a great app launcher too.

Tyler said...

Ahhhh, I need Leopard. All the PC people in charge at the church don't see the need yet. I'm working on them though. Otherwise, I may just purchase it myself.