Monday, August 18, 2008

What About Todd

This is Todd doing what Todd does well.

Among many things Todd is an excellent drummer. There is a professional quality to what the man does on a drum kit and it's almost hard to describe. It's loud but it's amazing!

Though Todd could be defined by 'great drummer' or even 'corporate vice president', I believe his character says so much more about him.

I have known Todd for several years now and I have rarely met another person with so much to offer - so much leadership, so many skills in so many areas - and yet so humble.

Todd is a great example of what it means to be generous. He exudes the qualities of any great encourager; of any great leader. He loves his family and he gives everything he has to whatever he sets his mind on.

Above all of these things, he is one of my best friends.

They say a person ever really has but a few close friends in their entire lifetime, so I consider myself very blessed. Since the day I first met Todd, he has been an encourager to me, no matter what I have faced. He has walked with me as a friend in good times and rough times.

Now he is fighting for life.

If you've been following the twitter on this blog you know Todd is really sick right now. All I can do is stand by, and try to encourage him, pray for him and let him know that I love him like one of my brothers. I feel helpless, yet not hopeless. I am confident in what God is doing in Todd's situation - something that has a far reaching effect, typical of Todd's style.

Thank you to all of you who are praying. You are a part of Todd's story in overcoming this adversity. Todd has a fire and a zest for life. He has a lot to live for.

Continue to pray for him. Please. I know his wife and sons appreciate it and Todd does as well.

If you want to know more, check out my twitter page here.

7 comments:

JonesGardenBlog said...

Been praying for him tons. Submitted prayer requests to multiple groups. The more the better. God bless!

Jim said...

Been praying for him. I have asked a couple other groups I am involved with to pray for him too. Keep us updated.

It's great to think there may currently be a couple hundred people getting together to pray for one person. It's good to be a part of a place like The Orchard.

Christie said...

Hi. I follow you on Twitter. I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for Todd.

Mandy Devine said...

We are praying for Todd and his family at Mosaic! I have asked everyone to be praying for Todd and we will be praying for him together during staff prayer at 11:30 tomorrow morning. Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Todd and Paula and boys have been on my heart and in my constant prayers since Saturday. I have let everyone around know to pray-we have seen God's miracles before. Please tell Paula and Todd that we love them and we will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for Todd and his family !

Renee said...

Praying for Todd and Paula and family. Also praying for you and Kristen as you minister to them. Praying for docters and nurses and everyone involved. Lord you are the healer. We ask you to move profoundly in this situation. Love you all!