Tuesday, July 24, 2007

From 6 to 4

We sat tonight at our small kitchen table to eat dinner together - just my wife and my boys.

I waited through check-in and security lines yesterday and watched my girls fly off to Arizona. They will be visiting my brother and sister-in-law and Kristen's Dad and Mom. I know they will have a good time. They left Chicago and arrived safely in Phoenix.

I have to say I was a little sad watching the wheels of the plane leave the ground. They will be gone for 17 days, which I think is way too long, but I didn't buy the tickets.

So it's my boys, my wife and I at home. We are having fun just the four of us but it is definitely different. There is not as much arguing. Not as much trash and debris. Not as much noise, which is odd because my boys are usually the cause of these things :) I think it's because the dynamic of our group has been altered.

Anyway, I miss my little girls who are not so little anymore, yet I look forward to the one-on-one time with my boys. At least we don't have to deal with the 103 degrees and 70% humidity!

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a braver soul than I. Gabe has only been away from me overnight. I have a hard time dealing with that.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. Actually it has changed our dynamic too. I don't know if it is quite as crazy as normal... although the boys have been bouncing off the walls since the girls arrived.

I noticed something different too. Last night I did the usual and told them to get ready for bed. Five minutes later my boys were in bed and the girls were still in the bathroom. So I asked them how long it takes them to get ready for bed. They said 30 minutes! Man, I didn't realize all that stuff started so young! I asked them if I could borrow a hair brush. For some reason they thought I was crazy.

:)

Unknown said...

If you ever want to borrow some kids, to make up for the vacancies... just let me know!