Sunday, July 01, 2007

Rockin' Kick Off

I'm sitting back in our tech booth here at the Orchard as we start our first week of Rockin' The Orchard. There has been a big buzz happening about this series among our people here! The stage is set, the music is ready, the message is ready, the videos are ready...

Some technical issues this morning that we never experience - lights going out on the stage during the message (unscripted), AC unit going on the fritz (making a large hum noise and keeping the auditorium a little warmer than normal), interference on one of our wireless mics, a couple musical problems... things seemed to have started off a little rough.

Yet at the same time, we had a great group of people come out for the start of this series! The message still rang clear and the energy and excitement of a church body singing "Here is our King" was still proclaimed. The videos were still powerful and the atmosphere was engaging.

Sometimes we plan and prepare and things still don't go according to plan. As leaders we strive hard to listen to God and follow how his Spirit directs us - I believe the Spirit works in our planning as well as in our services. Yet I forget that the enemy doesn't want church to happen. I take for granted that just because we are gathered together in a building that we are safe from attacks. A good reminder to me today that my focus has to be unwavering on what God is calling us to do here at The Orchard. No matter what distractions, no matter how loud or disruptive, we cannot back down.

If you are a pastor, leader, or even a parent - you cannot back down from what God is calling you to do. Lives are at stake on an eternal level. I encourage you to step out and step boldly.

More on the weekend coming soon.
Peace,

1 comment:

alex mclean said...

ahhh Mike - I finally found you again! I remember watching one of your rewinds and you mentioned the Rockin' the Orchard series... Well I hope you didn't copyright the idea cuz we stole it and are doing Rockin' Through the Summer - same idea, and I couldn't remember where I heard it - now I do!

So our first week was "Satisfaction", this week, I don't know yet... But I'll try and keep you updated. And I will be keepin up on your end as well.

Here's the graphic I created for our series