Sunday, October 08, 2006

It's Official!

Well it was 'officially' announced Sunday morning. I have been offered and have accepted the position of Creative Arts Director at Orchard Valley Community Church in Aurora, IL. My family and I are very excited about the opportunity to be a part of such an awesome church family! God is doing some great things in this place! It is both an honor and a privilege to be working alongside the staff and volunteers at The Orchard.

If you have not had the opportunity yet to check this church out, I encourage you to show up on Sunday morning. Engage in the environment - the great music and life-changing message of Jesus... you will not regret it. And the people... man! Some great stories and just cool people to be around. The excitement there is contagious! I look forward to all that God is going to do in and through the community that meets there.

God is great!

Peace... and see you at The Orchard.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

That's awesome, I knew that was where you were headed. I'm excited that you and your family have a new church home.

Anonymous said...

Mike & Kristen - we are thrilled to have you on our team! Great big days ahead and I'm excited to serve alongside you.

Anonymous said...

Mike - We're all so excited to have you at the Orchard! Can't wait to get to know you and your family better!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!!!! Welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you and your family. We've been very encouraged through your "guest appearances".

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry... I was looking for the rapper Mike Jones. :-)

Chris

Anonymous said...

Dude, congrats! It was great meeting you at Granger, and I definitely look foward to hearing about the creative force that will be you and Scott Hodge!

God bless!

Johnny said...

I guess I'm gonna have to read your blog as well as Scott's now! ;-)

Peace & Blessings

J

Anonymous said...

Mike,
We are so happy for you, Kristen, and the kids! Exciting Stuff!!!!

Anonymous said...

look forward to your contribution and getting to know you more!

Anonymous said...

man im so excited for you! i met the orchard team over the summer... there is such a buzz about that place it is incredible! have an awesome time getting stuck into the community there!

Anonymous said...

This is great news, Mike. Congrats & I look forward to seeing what happens next.
-- Kem

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, I love your blog. I get the feeling you like some of the same kind of music I do.

Scott and Amanda have been friends of ours for a long time. We are very excited for you to partner with them. Scott's leadership is contagious, just as you say. I hope the road ahead will be filled with many many blessings for you and your family.

We hope to come and visit again soon and look forward to meeting you.

God bless. Oh, and say hi to Scott from Ed in Minneapolis for me would ya?

Take care!

Ed

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Orchard!!!