Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Song of the Week: Dare You To Move

What an awesome weekend at The Orchard... a BIG weekend! We kicked off our series BiG! by talking about our BiG! God.

Most people wouldn't argue how big God is. The thing we can't seem to recognize is that our big God wants to do big things through us and in us. One of our youth wrote a great post summarizing Scott's talk centered around the statement, "A daring faith is not a domesticated faith. "

The song of the week is Dare You To Move by Switchfoot. Check out the second verse and chorus (the music team actually performed this song this weekeend):

Welcome to the fallout, welcome to resistance
The tension is here, the tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be, yeah

I dare you to move, I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move, I dare you to move
Like today never happened,
Today never happened before

God, dare me!

Peace.

No comments: