Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What is Heaven like?

I was sitting around the dinner table last night with my wife and kids, enjoying some great food. I love eating meals with my family... it seems like that's the time we talk about some cool things. Sometimes we talk about some pretty deep things and sometimes (most of the time) we joke and laugh and tell stories or our day.

Last night was one of the lighter-mood meals.

There was a lot of laughing, giggling, talking, and of course - eating. Somehow we started talking about what heaven would be like for each of us. It was just fun.

Apparently one of my daughters would have an endless stomach and be able to eat steak and chocolate whenever she wanted. My other daughter would have an endless supply of paper, pens, paints, brushes, and clay to be able to create masterpieces. My oldest son would have a huge screen and the coolest video games at his disposal. We all agreed that Kristen would have a large fluffy bed in a sun-filled, breezy room, with every best-selling book at her fingertips.

What is your idea of heaven?
Peace.

2 comments:

Bill Curley said...

This is really a very cleaver entry. Just when I started thinking that I would be driving my Porsche 356 to the Steaks & Shakes to discuss strategy with Von Clausewitz; your real message & question hit me. What is the real importance of living, what are your real values, and how would you really like to remember (be remembered)?
This requires a great deal of thinking. Did anyone else see this in the same way?

Anonymous said...

My idea of heaven is being face to face with my Savior. Nobody gets sick, no body dies, our bodies are new and they will never get old. We won't gain weight and we won't have arthritis-or anything else bad. I will see my mom and dad again and I will be with my kids and grandkids-doesn't get any better. And, yes, Bill, it did hit me that way to a certain extend-is Jesus going to remember my name? That's what I am praying for.