Friday, February 01, 2008

WInter Wonderland 2

Kind of hard to see but we ended up with a little more than 7" of snow so far this morning. Some areas were up to 10" which is awesome. I love snow (especially when I don't have to drive in it)!

I remember living in Colorado Springs for a few years when I was a kid and we would get a LOT of snow. This stuff here doesn't bug me too much, though they have been running out of salt for the roads out here in the suburbs. Nothing in my area has been plowed or salted all winter.



Still hoping to go sledding possibly this afternoon (Kristen is still having the kids do school - the downside for my kids in terms of homeschooling :)

This pile here after shoveling part of the driveway was up to my chest! Awesome!

Peace.

POST: Just watched the poor waste management guy driving this huge truck down our street trying to collect garbage (neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow... oh wait that's supposed to be the post office). Even with the big truck he is slipping and sliding all over the place. It took him several minutes just to pass our house, trying to go forward and then backward to be able to go forward. Dedicated!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i took a snow day today. we got
12" in Aurora. took me almost an hour to drive to 355, i turned around and went home.

Anonymous said...

That's better!

Thanks.

Snow day sounds like fun! I vaguely remember those.