Friday, October 12, 2007

He's My Son

The first of my two sons turned 7 this week. My wife had some great posts about Seth. He's a great kid and I am very proud of him. I thank God every night for him and can't believe I get to be this guy's dad.

He's not perfect, any more than I am. He's full of energy and eats like there is no tomorrow. He's also very creative and fun to be around.

He's one of the most generous people I know and I pray that God continues to use that in him as he grows. Sure he has his selfish times like most people (including adults) but he shares almost everything he gets, even if it means he gives away the last of what he has. I love that.

I have to say, it's pretty cool to have this guy running out to my car every evening when I get home to tell me about his day (or what he's eating/ate... it's a toss up). He also reserves his gaming time on many occasions so that I can play a game or two with him.

I think he had a good birthday, but I am thankful for the reminder of how fast time flies and how important he is to me.

Thank you God for Seth!
Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me to see how you love your children, Son! It was just yesterday that you were 7 years old-hard to believe that your precious son is 7. Time passes way too fast-can't wait to be in heaven with all my kids and grandkids-FOEVER!!