Sunday, December 31, 2006

He Said, She Said

Today is Kristen and my anniversary! Twelve years ago today she was crazy enough to say she would spend her life with me - through thick and thin (apparently that referred to hair) and in sickness and health. She's done it too - stuck by me no matter what.

We decided to write 20 things we love about it each other and post them on the blog. Scary but we agreed to have a separate list not to share :)

He Said
I love...

  1. that she is my best friend.
  2. she's my bride - no matter how long we've been married, I will always think of her as my bride.
  3. that she is my biggest fan - she is my greatest encourager.
  4. that she prays for me.
  5. that she is a Christ-follower too.
  6. that she loves to cook and bake (and is darn good at it too).
  7. that she likes to try new things.
  8. that she likes to have fun - we play more card games and board games than any couple I know.
  9. that she likes a clean house.
  10. that she loves being a mom to our four kids.
  11. that she gets this sparkle in her eye and actually gets giddy when she finds a good deal on something.
  12. that she does the same when she has a surprise for someone (she can hardly contain herself).
  13. that she is creative even though she thinks she isn't.
  14. that she is more beautiful today than the day I met her - man is she hot! I've got to be the most blessed man alive!
  15. that we can talk for hours about anything (watch movies together or tv shows or just spend time together - it's the highlight of my day).
  16. that she puts God before me, but that I'm next in priority before our kids - it's important for our relationship and important for our kids to see (they are close after on the priority scale).
  17. how she interacts with each of our kids - naturally pulling on each ones different love language, abilities and interests.
  18. that she laughs at my jokes even when they aren't funny (remember when you were in labor with our first baby Kristen? ;)
  19. that she is herself - special, unique, beautiful.
  20. that she chose me out of all the other guys in the world - what an honor and privilege!
She Said
I love...
  1. The way you sleep with your one arm over your head.
  2. The way you look at me like you can’t believe that I am your wife.
  3. The way you laugh at stupid movies with me over and over and over again.
  4. The way perfect strangers will come up to you and tell you their life stories.
  5. That when you whisper in my ear you sound exactly like Nicolas Cage.
  6. The way you take everything you do totally to heart and do it with all your heart.
  7. That you support me in everything I do.
  8. That you pray with the kids every night about what you want for them in their lives, and how special they are.
  9. That you will eat anything that I make. Good, bad, or horrible.
  10. That you try and get me to let you do the dishes after dinner.
  11. That you introduced me to my savior and continue to show me His love every day.
  12. That you inspire people around you to give excellence to what they are doing.
  13. That you aren’t afraid to try something new even if you might fail.
  14. That you are doing what God designed you to do.
  15. That you will cry at a sad movie.
  16. That you will cry with me when I am sad or scared.
  17. That you email me during the day just to tell me that I am beautiful and that you love me.
  18. The way you could play video games all day with your kids.
  19. The way you will eat chocolate frosting no matter how old it is.
  20. Lying next to you, and how you are always warm.
I think her list is better than mine, but that goes without saying.

Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stuff guys!!

I teared up reading it!

There's nothing better for me than watching and experiencing a family doing it the right way. We look forward to doing life and ministry with you guys for a long time to come.

God bless you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

All that syrup makes me hungry for pancakes!!! LOL!

Seriously, you both are great friends and we are so excited for you! Celebrate!

Love,
T and P

Anonymous said...

That was "He said."

SHE said: I bawled reading it too! You two are such an example for me/us. It is so cool to see that what you wrote is totally how you live your lives. What a blessing you are to your family and to others. Praising God for you today! Happy #12!

Love,
P and T

Anonymous said...

That was really beautiful and really made my day (night)! I hope that when I get married someday that my husband and I will be as devoted to eachother as you two are! And the Hodges, and the Gardas, and I could go on and on! I am so grateful to have so many encouraging people in my life!