Saturday, March 24, 2007

Coffee Anyone?

Still trying to catch up on some of my blog posts while out in North/South Carolina....

The first day in NC, I found that I could not send any emails or upload anything using the connection at our friends place. I had lots of work to do and emails to respond to you know!

Off I went in search for a wifi connection that could give me the upload and email access I craved. No better place to go than to Starbucks.

I was pretty stoked that Statesville, NC actually had a Starbucks. So my son and I went in, I ordered some coffee and my asked my son if he wanted a hot chocolate. He asked if he could have coffee because he loves the sips that I give him sometimes. Now, I'm not in the habit of giving my children coffee, but he had agreed to go with me on my trek to find an internet connection while the others were too busy playing with friends.

I ordered him a tall decaf in a grande cup and poured a ton of cream into it. His eyes got as big quarters he was so excited! In fact, he was good the rest of the day to just pal around with me from place to place. That was a good thing since this Starbucks had NO WIFI! I was so bummed! I tried to 'borrow' someone else's connection they were using through their phone but it wasn't good enough.

We ended up going to another Starbucks in Mooresville, a Panera and even a McDonald's (can you believe that, wifi at McD's, though it was $3 for 2 hours). None of these sufficed though I got some things working at the McD's location. I finally figured a way to make it work though to this day I am still not 100% certain why I was having so many problems.

Do you think that God interacts with electronics to get us to take a break and slow down sometimes? I do, though it's hard for me to do.

Anyway, my son is now addicted to non-caffeinated Starbucks (maybe more because it's Starbucks than anything else). My wife informed me yesterday that she was walking into a grocery store with the kids when Seth said "Look Mom, there's a Starbucks in here... I wonder if they have decaf?"

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my son!!! Yay coffee!! Unfortunately, acid reflux is preventing me from drinking ANY coffee-bummer! You go Sethie!!