Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Almost Forgot...

While on our way back from the Carolinas a couple weeks ago, we ran into a bit of trouble. We learned the hard way that mapquest directions TO a destination do not equal directions FROM a destination. The skinny is we could not find the exits we were looking for and got lost on top of the traffic trouble we had.

At one point we began to stress because the map we had with us wasn't any help with trying to find a way back home. I then remembered my trusty Macbook Pro, and that all I needed was a wifi connection. So I jumped off the nearest exit and hoped for a hotspot location. There it was, a 24-hour Starbucks - in West Virginia of all places! Unbelievable I tell you! I couldn't seem to find a Starbucks with wifi while in the Carolinas but WV has a 24-hour Starbucks... I didn't even know there was such a beast!

Anyway, I was able to pull up the net, grab some new directions and make it home. Saved by Starbucks and my Mac!

Don't leave home without them.
Peace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally got that thing working again,huh? Didn't it die on a you just a little while ago. I don't know, sounds kind of hit and miss.

:)

Anonymous said...

So did that change your mind a little to experience such hipness in WV--the scary hillbilly murderer place?

Tyler said...

Oooh, those are two of my favorite things, and I wouldn't dare leave home w/o my Macbook Pro

Anonymous said...

I told you West Virginia was all right!! Starbucks-my fave! Alas, I am missing my coffee-crumby reflux!

Anonymous said...

Oh No!!! What if they build one here!!! Yikes between you and Scott you would never leave that place!!! Then who would lead us in Worship!! Oh man plus there's Bekah
She's too young to fall prey to a 24 hour Starbucks. I shall begin praying for us all!!