Saturday, March 31, 2007

Going Down in a Blades of Glory

Ok, so with a little help from my friends, I surprised my wife for her birthday last night and took her out to dinner and a movie. She's got the basic rundown here.

We went with one of my friend's recommendations for restaurants and let me tell you, it was pretty good. You can tell this guy where you are going and what kind of food you're looking for and he'll tell you the best places to go. So far he has been right-on with every place he's sent me to (thanks Scott)!

We went to this place and totally loved it - one of my new favorite places to go in Geneva... good stuff and even somewhat healthy.

I knew my wife wanted go see "Blades of Glory" with Jon Heder and Will Farrell. Since, it was opening night we got our tickets early and got in line early - and got good seats. A couple of things about the movie... you need to know that I think Will Farrell is usually pretty funny. You also need to know that you should be in one of those stupid moods to go see it. I thought it was a good movie, very funny, but I think both of those guys have been funnier. It helped that there was a theater FULL of people laughing at the same stuff I laughed at (tends to amplify things a bit - mob mentality I guess). Don't know if it would have been as funny at home.

Still funny though... and my wife had a blast which made it totally worth it.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good boy-your mama raised you right!! I've seen some Will Ferrell stuff, but sorry-I am not a huge fan-am I too old?