Monday, March 26, 2007

A Date With Faith

Yet another of my children hooked on Starbucks... I really should start getting some type of commission from them for building future patrons :)

Got a chance to go out on a Daddy-Daughter date with my oldest, Faith, tonight. We made a deal with her and her siblings that after they read a certain number of books (for school) that they would get to go out on a date with their Mom or I to anywhere they wanted to go.

Faith chose Red Lobster because she's never had lobster and was curious what it tasted like. Probably not my first choice in terms of places to try this delicacy but more within the budget than other places. We had a great time! She's growing up fast and I very much enjoyed getting to spend some one-on-one time with her tonight. Of course no date or evening out on the town would be complete without a trip to Starbucks. Don't worry this one is also decaf (though she fought harder than her brother did the last time).

She's a great kid... er I mean young adult and I am very proud of her. She is very intelligent and very beautiful and I can see God already using her in awesome ways. I look forward to the years of ministry that are before her and to seeing her blossom as a Jesus follower. I hope that she got a glimpse of how a man should respect her and treat her when taking her out - when that day comes around in about 20 years (ok, ok, I'm sure it will be sooner than that but hey, I'm a dad!) Ha! Seriously she won't be dating :)

Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faith is a wonderful beautiful girl, you and Kristen are doing a great job! I am in SHOCK about the starbucks already though!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Faith-love that coffee!! It is granny's influence-remember all the sips I gave you when you were little-your mom and dad used to get after me-but I knew you liked it! What fun-good looking girl, coffe and Red Lobster-what a great date!!

Kathryn Egly said...

You are right! Faith is a GREAT girl! Did she like the lobster?